Rosette Nebula

1 hour ago, Stu Wilson said:

And if anyone woud care to try process it

Hi Stu - Last night I was shooting through some high cloud / mist / murk and eventually packed up.  Were you shooting through similar conditions as the signal is very weak to pull out without being too aggressive.  I did the background extraction with APP in the end as I was never happy with things I tried with DBE in PixInsight.  The right hand side still doesn't look quite right.  It would be interesting what others manage or how yours looked after this initial step.

Anyway, not sure I've done it justice (just taken a different route!) but here's a process from PixInsight.  I've left it quite bright with that hazey look to try and maintain more detail.

Thanks for sharing - let me pause a tedious chore and enjoy a quick bit of processing!

Autosave003-proc1.thumb.png.2ee81ff4fc9c14df64d4af1e50e1e90d.png

Edited by geeklee
  • Like 2

I think there was a bit of high clouds now and again and probably a bit hazy up there,

It was minus 6, when I decided to pack up the OTA had frost on it lol.

Was just happy to get anything after its been lately.

Clear skies

Stu

• Like 1