NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Still Learning !

Herakles

Well I had a chance at getting some subs last night . Sadly my M42/NGC1977 was ruined by LP from ( I think ) reflected light . I need block that next time and purchase a LP filter !! . Lessons learned . I have only PP the best Raw image of it from the various ones I took . It was the best I could do with a singlw 60 sec sub at ISO1600. In saying that it is still , I think , better than my first attempt at these two , in this one I at least got NGC1977 showing a bit . Might try later and combine it with another M42 that has way better core detail in it .

M42/NGC1977

3235694509_f49838d5a9_b.jpg

My other capture I think was a whole lot better.

M37 7x60 subs , dark and offsets, ISO 1600

3236569920_c8578519a7_o.jpg

Thanks for looking , tips welcomed as usual peeps.

Those are very nice images Herakles...

Keep posting and I am sure that you'll get lots of help when needed...focus is spot on and trackings pretty darn good as well...

Take loads of subs and stack them in DSS... M42 is a briught object and can be imaged micely at lower ISO settings which will be inherently less noisy and have richer colour. Take a good few subs at say 10s 30s and 60s and process them in DSS

Billy...

cheers Billy , I have a few subs of the exposure's you quote froman earlier session. I tried again with the LP subs from last night but gave up. i will however salvage the best ones and include them with lower exposure frames.

As a visual observer I can't offer any tips, but just wanted to say that I'd be very pleased if either of these images were mine... well done!! :thumbright:

Thank you Carol, I should have said I actually had more success and less frustration doing some visual when I was doing these. I got to grips with the Hyperion Zoom , resolved a few more stars in the Trap. Caught a few Doubles. looked at a few Clusters , really really liking these Clusters. Whilst the camera was on the scope I grabbed the Bins and had good old meander about . Great stuff !

Archived