NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Venus 26.01.09

Brinders

Another Venus at 17:54 tonight with the WO Megrez 72 APO on the Nexstar SLT mount using a Celestron Neximage with a Atik infrared block and Badder contrast booster filters.

Not sure if it's my imagination, but there seems to be some cloud detail here!

12039_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks Dave. I was lucky: the great thing about the little Megrez and SLT mount is that I can leave it set up in my garage and be out observing and imaging in a jiffy which I can't with the EQ6 Pro and C9.25 SCT, it's just a case of then dodging the cloud. However, I arrived home last night to clear skies which is when I captured this image.

After tea, it had clouded over in the south where Venus was, so I turned by attention to the eastern sky and observed Orion and his retinue. I had been hoping to get a larger Venus with the barlows, but there you go!

Anyway, as the goddess of lurve is getting higher in the sky and setting later, I'm hoping to capture her with the C9.25 before too long.

Archived