The moon from North Cornwall 26-11-20 & 9-12-20

AstroNebulee

Hi, I have to say I like the top image better than the bottom, it looks a little strange, as though it’s not quite in focus, makes my eyes go funny when I enlarge it. Did you have a problem processing it? Sorry to be critical without being constructive but I don’t know what the problem is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonshed said:

Hi, I have to say I like the top image better than the bottom, it looks a little strange, as though it’s not quite in focus, makes my eyes go funny when I enlarge it. Did you have a problem processing it? Sorry to be critical without being constructive but I don’t know what the problem is.

I have to agree with you on that and criticism taken on board. I used the same processing techniques and equipment both times and not sure why the second image is quite out of focus when enlarged, they were both a set of 200 images taken and processed in pipp first, then as3 the registax for sharpening, then a little tweak in ps. I was struggling with the second image a lot. Just wanted to upload both for posterity. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LeeHore7 said:

I have to agree with you on that and criticism taken on board. I used the same processing techniques and equipment both times and not sure why the second image is quite out of focus when enlarged, they were both a set of 200 images taken and processed in pipp first, then as3 the registax for sharpening, then a little tweak in ps. I was struggling with the second image a lot. Just wanted to upload both for posterity. 

Okay, I didn’t want to say this before but I am now a little more confident in what I think is wrong. It looks to me as if you may have over tweaked it in Registax, I say this because have done it a few times myself and achieved that rather odd look, a little over sharpened in the wavelets perhaps.

Anyway I totally understand  you wanting to post them here and I’m relieved you took my unhelpful criticism well 😄

Edited by Moonshed
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moonshed said:

Okay, I didn’t want to say this before but I am now a little more confident in what I think is wrong. It looks to me as if you may have over tweaked it in Registax, I say this because have done it a few times myself and achieved that rather odd look, a little over sharpened in the wavelets perhaps.

Anyway I totally understand  you wanting to post them here and I’m relieved you took my unhelpful criticism well 😄

Yes you are most likely right on the over tweaking in registax, I will go back and look again. Constructive criticism is always taken on board well with me as I'm a newbie it all helps to learn more and correctly, clear skies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have re processed the image of the moon from 26-11-20 from another set of images I took that evening, as something must of happened in the stacking process with the original image posted here.  This one is much better and doesn't affect your eyes.

Moon 26-11-20.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2020 at 17:45, LeeHore7 said:

I have re processed the image of the moon from 26-11-20 from another set of images I took that evening, as something must of happened in the stacking process with the original image posted here.  This one is much better and doesn't affect your eyes.

Moon 26-11-20.jpg

Sorry LeeHore7, I have only now noticed your reply, I must have somehow missed the usual notification. I must agree this image is much improved compared the first one, well done, it’s a good image.

• Thanks 1