Attaching ASI2600MC Pro camera to Tak FSQ-85?

Hi All,

I've just picked up a Takahashi FSQ-85EDX; dream scope 🙂. I'm now trying to figure out how to attach my ZWO ASI2600MC Pro to it. I can see from the Takahashi system chart that I think I'll need the Aux ring (TKA23250) and the CA-35 (TKA23201). But then there's also a reference to a Wide T-mount adapter as the final connection to a CCD camera. When I look up Wide T-mount adapters they seem to be aimed at DSLR cameras rather than my OSC camera. Does anyone have any idea which adapter to use for this final connection to the 2600MC Pro?

Thanks

I'm not sure about the rotator to camera connection, but I'd advise against the Tak CAA rotator.

I was plagued with tilt, I tried all sorts to remove it and even considered changing the focuser to fix it.  I read a lot and a few threads were blaming the Tak CAA and recommending this rotator as a replacement.  It's the same physical length with the same threads, so essentially a drop in relacement.  It's not cheap, but neither is the Tak CAA, if you need to buy one then go for this from the off. It's completely removed the tilt for me and turned a decent scope into an outstanding one.

The website is awful, you can't buy online but have to request contact from the seller. Don't let this put you off, the new rotator is extremely well engineered, buttery smooth and locks firmly with a light touch.  It also has a built in degree scale, you set your camera to zero degrees by plate solving, set up the scale to zero and then when you want to rotate it you'll have an accurate scale to rotate it to.

Edit: my scope is the FSQ85 ED, please check for compatibility.

Edited by Starflyer

Thanks for the tip, that’s a nice looking product👍  I’ve heard that some folks have tilt issues, so I’ll investigate this item when I’ve had a chance to do some imaging to see how the stock CAA is performing.

Are you connecting a dedicated Astro-camera rather than a DSLR? If so which adatpters are you using?

It's an Atik 460EX, EFW2, SX OAG, threaded connector onto the Tak reducer.

I don't know the part numbers, I had a discussion with Ian King a few years ago and he advised on the right parts to get the spacing right.  I suggest you contact FLO and ask for advice, tell them want you have already and they'll be best placed to advise what you need.

777256953_IMG_20201013_15034601.thumb.jpg.48c3aea0009dd321c3fe917fabc3a7fe.jpg

Edited by Starflyer
  • Like 1

Nice one, thanks. That’s a great looking rig. I’ve got mine mounted on an RST-135 at the moment; trying for a portable set up as I’m looking to travel for dark skies. Can’t wait to get it all up and running 👍

• Like 1