NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stacking and Calibration Frames for various temps

OK, I need to pick your brains!

I have captured the Sculptor Galaxy over a few nights where temps/humidity have varied quite a bit. I miss the nights where you can get an even and very consistent temp over many nights. See below for the images I have captured and various temps.

Red 

- 27 @ -8C to -10C
- 22 @ -14C to -15C
- 34 @ -16C to -19C

Green
- 82 @ -16C to -19C

Blue
- 82 @ -15C to -16C

Lum
- 6 @ -20C (still capturing more with this filter)

Now, how do I go about stacking and using the calibration frames? I have used images that are 3 - 4 degrees C different without any issues. I am worried about once that are between 5 and 10 degrees.

Do I need to apply cooler darks and dark flats to the lower temp images?

Thanks,
Stefan

Take darks at the two extreem temperatures and compare them. If the are very close then just use one set of darks. If not you will need to calibrate them with the corresponding temperature darks or scaled darks depending on what your camera is.. 

Regards Andrew 

14 hours ago, andrew s said:

Take darks at the two extreem temperatures and compare them. If the are very close then just use one set of darks. If not you will need to calibrate them with the corresponding temperature darks or scaled darks depending on what your camera is.. 

Regards Andrew 

Sweet thanks.

Does this apply to Dark Flats as well?