NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Struggle to find telescope

Hi all,

I am reading this forum for a while and have now registered because I have a question and hope anyone can give me some advice.

My wife is very much into astronomy and has a starter scope at the moment. I want to get her a better setup which should also be suitable for some photography, which is what I like doing.

After speaking to a few people in our astronomy club, I decided on a Skywatcher Explorer 150PDS on an EQ5 goto mount. That would be a good compromise on price and value for me.

My problem now is, that they are out of stock at all the common suppliers. Does anyone have an idea where I can get one please?

Thanks in advance 

Hi and welcome to SGL.

Closest ETA that was able to find is at FLO:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/reflectors/skywatcher-explorer-150p-ds-eq-5-pro-goto.html

They say it is due in 15-20 work days. Other retailers mention something February / March next year. However, best to check with FLO directly to make sure it is indeed available in 15-20 days as I was waiting (and still am, but it is in stock now as of yesterday so hopefully will be send out first thing next week) on item for 2 months now although it said 20-25 work days.

I bought my second 'scope from FLO, it was out of stock but expected in a similar time frame to yours. I contacted them by email asking what happens if you order before it's in stock . The answer was, payment is taken immediately , but if you have to change your mind for some reason , they will refund you. They prioritize orders by date, so by ordering and paying, you secure your place in the queue for whatever arrives.

I also asked if they'd be able to give me some idea of how likely I was to get my order from the delivery that was scheduled, making it clear that I understood they couldn't be absolutely sure until the delivery arrived at their warehouse. I was told they only had a few orders already for what I wanted, so I was likely to get it. I ordered, I saw the delivery estimate roll up to 30-40 days a few days later, but sure enough, the estimated date from when I pushed the 'buy' button was when my order arrived.

If I was you, I'd trust FLO , make my order very soon, maybe after making an email inquiry about your specific item as I did, then keep my fingers crossed !

Heather