NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sesto Senso 2 - Motor Reverse

Recently purchase a SS2 for the Baader Steeltrack Focuser RT.

I have mounted the focuser and am happy that it is installed correctly. Then I downloaded the SS2 software from the Primaluce website and installed the up to date drivers.

When it comes to calibrating the focuser I have opened focus manager and connected to Com 3 having checked the Control Panel > Device Manager and Port settings.

Then I receive two warnings from the Windows 10 laptop;

1) Caution, your firmware version doesn’t match the Focuser Manager one. Please check Sesto Senso 2 firmware and Focuser Manager have the same version.

It provides the option to select “ok” which I do, then I receive another warning;

2) Buffer empty.

Focuser Manager version is 1.3 and it allows me to go into the Calibration Settings from where I select the Crayford focuser type. I start calibration, set the zero position then select “Move Out” but the focuser tube moves in. I restart calibration, this time selecting Crayford focuser and ticking “Reverse Motor” but exactly the same thing happens.

Having exited calibration, I then adjust the focuser from the main screen and I am able to move the focus tube in and out.

I have searched the web for details on the firmware upgrade for the SS2 and cannot find anything.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue and if so, did you manager to overcome this.

Thank you in advance.

John

Hi John,

I have the same unit. I simply turned the focuser right out to it's maximum position and started the calibration from there. The reverse motor didn't do anything. It works really well I just had to reset the number of steps to 200 to give me a reasonable V curve in SGP.

This is where I downloaded mine from: https://www.primalucelab.com/downloads/SESTO-SENSO-2-software-package-1-3.zip

I then extracted all the files. Opened the (non mac) folder and (for me Windows 10) option then x64.

Then I installed the ascom driver and Focuser manager set-up

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Francis. 

Just been speaking with Primeluce Lab on Facebook. It turns out there is meant to be a pdf in the download folder with guidance but there isn’t. However, there is an odd file type called “FW file” in the same folder.

Returning to the Focuser Manager, after you connect the SS2 look under settings and there are two buttons, Calibration and Upgrade. 

Turns out Upgrade is meant to say Update and when you choose this a windows explorer window pops up looking for file types designated “FW file”. That’s our old friend above.

Choosing this file in the explorer window then triggers the firmware upgrade to the SS 2 motor focuser. A minute later I reconnected to the Focuser selected ‘Reverse Motor’ and it worked perfectly.