Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The planet Namek

M40

I was talking to my son the other day about the sad but true point that I found the maths around eyepieces to be interesting. He then admitted a sad fact from his childhood (he is now 38). He loved a Japanese anime programme called Dragonball Z. In it, the character's came from a planet called Namek. The story goes that they used an a space ship to travel to Jupiter from earth which took 57 seconds. He calculated that the ship was travelling at between 34-56x speed of light. They then traveled to the planet Namek taking 37 days. This puts the planet Namek at between 3.49 and 5.74 lightyears away. The planet Namek has 3 stars, one being a Red Dwarf. Turns out that Alpha Centauri is in that distance range, Proxima Centauri is a red dwarf and there has been a planet found called alpha centauri B in the habitable zone. The cartoon Dragonball Z started 26/4/1989 and the planet alpha centauri B was discovered 24/8/2016.

What do you reckon? 🤣

Disclaimer: These numbers and all information are all my sons work  🤔😁