NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ZWO ASI 120MM-S with Ha Filter

nephilim

Hi,

While i'm saving up for the main imaging scope & camera for my AP setup i'm looking at doing a bit of imaging using my guide set up, mainly so I can practise getting used to my kit & the various pieces of software i'll be using. I have the ZWO ASI 120MM-S & Skywatcher Evoguide 50ED which i'll be using to guide with in the end.

Although I know this will be fine for lunar AP, i'm keen to try some basic narrowband imaging (Ha on M42 etc). My question is, will a 1.25" Ha screw in filter fit my camera? I'm very new when it comes to dedicated astro cameras so haven't much of a clue when it comes to using them & just want to spend some time using this one before I can buy the last 2 pieces of my setup. The filter I'm looking at is this https://www.firstlightoptics.com/narrowband/astronomik-h-alpha-12nm-narrowband-ccd-filter.html

Tia

Steve

I use exactly that scope/camera combination for guiding (I imagine that many people do.)

I have a LPR filter in the chain, so it must fit somehow. IIRC, it’s screwed on to the 1.25" nosepiece that comes with the camera.  I’d have to check, but I think that’s right. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, AKB said:

I use exactly that scope/camera combination for guiding (I imagine that many people do.)

I have a LPR filter in the chain, so it must fit somehow. IIRC, it’s screwed on to the 1.25" nosepiece that comes with the camera.  I’d have to check, but I think that’s right. 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, ive just found the pdf for it &  the 1.25" version does screw into the nosepiece 🙂