NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASCOM/CELESTRON Newbie Advice

I've had a good search through a lot of similar threads for help, and not really found an answer. So forgive the question if it's a common one.

I have a Celestron LCM mount, which connects via a USB A to Mini B Cable.

Firmware all updated.

The goal is to use Astrophotography Tools to control the Camera and Mount, rather than two seperate programs just for ease of convenience.

Installed:

Latest ASCOM Platform 6.5

Prolific Serial Drivers

Celestron CWPI

Celestron Unified Telescope Drivers for ASCOM

CWPI works fine via Manual Connection to Handset.

Using the ChipCheck program that comes with the Prolific Serial Drivers it confirms a Device is connected to COM PORT 3. Checked under Device Manager and can confirm COM PORT 3.

However, trying to connect to the mount via APT is where the issue lies - particularly when the ASCOM Chooser function shows.

If i use the Celestron Unified Drivers no COM Port is visible. If I use advanced options and 'Force Show all Com Ports' and manually select 3, no luck.

If I use the CWPI Ascom selection it simply says 'Incompatible Driver' 

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers, with zero luck.

Pictures provided. 

If anyone can shed some light on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. Or if there is any other software that can control both mount and camera which doesn't have these problems, though I suspect the fault lies with an ASCOM driver somewhere.

Thanks for your patience and help to a newbie.

123609996_408301943524888_1924962559263185620_n.jpg

123766339_838691140267672_3357977151075761569_n.jpg

Could it be an incompatibility between the Prolific serial drivers and the other software?  Maybe there's something in that driver version that the software doesn't like, see if there's a different (perhaps older) version available.