Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tulip nebula

myk68

Hi All

So after all the help I got with the Iris Nebula. I thought I would revisit my Tulip Nebula. 

Also the EZ processing scripts are magic.

Tulip_Nebula_SH2_101_85x2min.thumb.jpg.71fe1a770e1273da5395c2b91cf657c7.jpg

85 x 2 min Subs. over 2 or 3 nights, separated by a month, flipping weather

Thanks for looking

Mike

• Like 5

That's pretty good but I get the feeling it could go significantly further in post processing. I don't know what the 'EZ' processing scripts are but I don't like the sound of anything which suggests that 'one size fits all.' In American English EZ says 'easy' and that doesn't exist in AP. For me, post processing is all about looking at the image, taking a small step, and looking at it again - very carefully. When I look at this image very carefully I'm sure it has even more to give.

Olly

Edit: I didn't spot this first time around but this thread is in the wrong section. Mods? 

Edited by ollypenrice

10 hours ago, myk68 said:

Thanks Olly, That means a lot to me., and yes the scripts make it a lot easier while I get to grips with Pixinsight.

One thing I'd try would be a dose of SCNR Green in PI. It's adjustable with a slider and might do well on this image.

Olly