NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7380 Wizard Nebula

Celestron4

I have recently spent some time imaging NGC 7380 Wizard Nebula and I am quite pleased with the result which is attached. There are some minor issues, the colour balance is not quite right  (I am currently borrowing an astro-modified DSLR and still getting used to it) and some of the stars are not right (particularly when zoomed in). I have previously had issues with coma in my images and have ordered this T-Adapter to try and get the spacing between the camera and focal reducer right. 

Can anyone give me some advice on how I can improve this image please? I am hoping to get some more image time on the nebula but I want to make sure that I make any changes to get the best results I can.

Equipment

Telescope: Celestron Nexstar Evolution 6

Mount: Celestron AVX Equatorial Mount

Imaging Camera: Astro-Modified Canon EOS 600D

Guidescope: Altair 60mm Guidescope (guiding done via 'on-camera' connection, I know not ideal but working at the moment)

Guide Camera: Altair GP-CAM 130C

28 x 5 minute exposures (2hrs 20mins total)

ISO 800

10 x Darks, 40 x Bias and 40 x Flats used 

NGC 7380 2.png

• Like 1