NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Reading for Novice Imagers

Bigwings

Having had some good advice on SGL stopping me buying the wrong Reducer it seems that I need to do more reading as well as playing with the kit . I have a NexImager system for my Nexstar SE8. I appreciate that this is not the ideal imaging SCT but it was bought as the biggest I could get that could be moved reasonably easily.

Can anyone advise me on good reading either on paper or on line to help me get the best out of what I have?

I must say I didnt think when I started out that I would do anything but observ.....looking at what some of you achieve has started something stirring in my inner being. Must be fear at what it could cost LOL

there is a book called Choosing and Using a Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope as part of Patrick Moore's Practical Astronomy series. Written by Rod Mollise and published by Springer, 350 pages. ISBN 1852336315. £24 at the last count.

Dennis

Archived