NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mount control problems.

I'm in need of some help. I was told of this group by someone else in another group for the sake of ease I will just Ctrl C - Ctrl V. Everything you need to know is in there, it might just seem a little weird as it was addressed to somebody.
OK. Going to be a long one. I'll try to remember everything.
This is what I have in terms of hardware.
EQ6-R Pro, ASI 120mm, 750mm 6", 125mm guidescope, laptop. RJ45 to USB (FTDI chipset) (Mount control), USB to USB guidecam cable.
Software, NINA, SharpCap Pro, EQmod (Says HEQ5/6 I believe), PHD2.
Last week I got focus on the stars with NINA and now have it with PHD2 as well, just had to find the focus point with the cam by sliding it.
Last night I finally got around to actually trying the guiding by combining what I had learnt and managed to do with PHD2 with now telling the mount where to slew.
I plugged the RJ45 into the mount and connected it into every USB port I had on the laptop for reasons I will explain soon. I plugged it into a port on the back leftside of my laptop as the main port was taken by the guide cam, the guide cam didn't work otherwise in the other two ports. I tried running EQascom but it just opens up and instantly shuts and keeps doing this until I forced closed it with Task Manager. Once I actually managed to get it to stay open, I don't know if it was luck or because I forced the app to shut with Task, it was a long night. In any case I was greeted with this "EQ Modded Mount Not Found at COM1: 9600. I found out that in Device Manager you can change the properties and did so, I changed it 8, 9 & 15 and did the same with EQ Toolbox but it wouldn't work. I was never able to get EQascom to open and stay open with closing instantly.

I don't really know what I am doing because the people who were helping me aren't answering any more. I was told to get EQmod, I've had to try and find it myself and I think when I type in EQ EQascom2 comes up and I run that. These two screenshots should add some extra detail.

hgarf.png

675htrgefwdq.PNG