NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

image fault on ds6161cxl+ cam

ebdons

Hi, not sure if this should be in the cameras section, but I have an issue with this cam after a P/S failure, I have bought a new P/S but there is now less sensitivity and after stretching the image there is a grid pattern on the image, not seen this before on this cam, just seeing if this is a sensor fault or something else before I contact george at opticstar, cam was bought last year but is beyond the 12 months guarantee. i will continue to investigate but hope you can help. ist pic is with fault and the second if what this cam did a few months ago. Tony

M33 NGS1 FAULT ON IMAGE 2jpeg (Medium).jpg

M33 NGS1  FINAL NO2 40X5 MIN SUBS DSS STACK SMALL PS PROCESSjpeg (Medium).jpg

Hi after checking the surface of the sensor there seems to be very fine structure in a grid pattern, is this normal for this sensor or is this the sensor top cover "delaminating"? I could open it up and clean the surface of the sensor but that would be a risk? this inside image still has the grid pattern but not on the whole image just parts of it. not sure if flats will get rid of the pattern but darks had no effect.

grid pattern still in image.JPG

just an update as a closer inspection has revealed water or liquid on the top and bottom longtitude sides of the sensor with some fine patterning which is where the pattern on the images come from, can't clear it with flats or bias or darks, maybe the sensor is knackered as it's lost some sensitivity as well. someone on here must know if this sensor is leaking or knackered? hopefully opticstar will come up with something? thanks for your attention

2020-09-12-1848_8-Capture_0003jpeg.jpg

2020-09-12-1914_9-Capture_0005jpeg.jpg

2020-09-12-1921_1-Capture_0010jpeg.jpg