NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EFW and Sharpcap?

Hi all, just wondering if my Zwo ASI mini filter wheel can be controlled by sharpcap as I'm hoping to do LRGB imaging of Mars in a few weeks, weather permitting. I can't see anything that does this in the software unless I'm missing something. At the moment I can control the filter wheel through APT but that means running that in conjunction with sharpcap. 

Edited by Nigella Bryant

On 26/08/2020 at 23:09, MCinAZ said:

It appears that you can do what you'd like if you have installed ASCOM.

https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#Filter Wheel Control

Thanks MCinAZ. I have ASCOM installed but couldn't find anything in sharpcap that launches the filter wheel.

Found it under settings, apparently you can add focuser, filter wheel and mount control. I've added filter wheel and mount control set up now but can't seem to add the hire astro V2 focuser control. I've added ascom control for the focuser but won't recognise it. I'll have to continue using the hitec astro focuser control sofeware. Just thought it'd be more convenient having control completely through Sharp cap. Still, two out of three ain't bad, lol. 

Edited by Nigella Bryant