EQ6R PRO + ZWO ASI 533 MC Pro Battery Consumption

SECSIO

Hi,

I purchased a celestron powertank 7ah when I got my equatorial mount. At the beginning, I thought that it would last for 7 hours aprox, however, it did not run out until more than 8 hours passed. This time is long enough to lend me enjoy of one full night. Rencently, I have purchased a ZWO ASI 533 MC Proc, and I would like to use the same powertank to power up its cooler. I do not know if this is the best way or there are better ones, but I am afraid to run out of battery in the middle of the night.

In general it will draw about an 1-2 amps to cool the camera. So the camera on its own would deplete a 7ah battery in between 3.5 - 7hours dependent on cooling temperature and ambient. As you are in Spain I personally I think that you will want a bigger battery.

Adam

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Adam J said:

In general it will draw about an 1-2 amps to cool the camera. So the camera on its own would deplete a 7ah battery in between 3.5 - 7hours dependent on cooling temperature and ambient. As you are in Spain I personally I think that you will want a bigger battery.

Adam

Thank your for your reply!

I have found this one Celestron 18771-CGL Powertank , do you know if the supplied power cord is compatiable with my SkyWatcher EQR6 Pro mount?

Edit: Well, I have just realized that it is not compatible, however I could use it to power up the camera.

Edited by SECSIO

5 minutes ago, SECSIO said:

I have found this one Celestron 18771-CGL Powertank , do you know if the supplied power cord is compatiable with my SkyWatcher EQR6 Pro mount?

It uses a car style connector but not sure what a eqr6 uses. That is way too expensive for that power tank though. There is a 160wh version that normally sells for that cost the one pictured is not much larger  capacity than your current one. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SECSIO said:

Edit: Well, I have just realized that it is not compatible, however I could use it to power up the camera.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/batteries-powerpacks/celestron-lithium-lifepo4-powertank-pro.html

You can buy a cable for it. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Adam J said:

I found this information in its documentation:

Battery Chemistry: Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4)
Battery Capacity: 158.74 Wh
Input: 16V DC, 2000 mA
Charge time: 6 hours
Output current for telescope: 12V DC @ 5A
Output current for car battery port: 12V DC @ 10A

Currently, I power up my mount with this car battery cable so I would like to use the 12V DC 10A output for the telescope, and the 12V DC 5A for the camera. I think this configuration might not be a problem for both devices...

Edited by SECSIO

16 minutes ago, Adam J said:

No that's just the max current so long as you supply 12volts the device will take the amps it needs. 

Perfect, thank you for everything!