NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon Mosaic from 11th July

zcapp96

Moon mosaic made from 27 panels with a asi120mm through a C9.25 at F10 on the morning of the 11th. 1500 frames for each with the best 40% staked. Had the gain too high so the images were very noisy. Pleased with the outcome as I rarely get to image a waning moon!

Moon.png

• Like 3

Very nice. Always lovely to see the waning phases! Don't often get up early enough to capture those. My only criticism would be the one or two blown out areas near the limb. Are these blown out in the raw data or during processing? 

12 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Very nice. Always lovely to see the waning phases! Don't often get up early enough to capture those. My only criticism would be the one or two blown out areas near the limb. Are these blown out in the raw data or during processing? 

I looked at an area near the limb to set what levels I could get away with to maximise the terminator but those other areas then blew when I got to them. I would have gone back and redone but the data wasn't the best and some areas are a little out of focus so it didn't seem worth it as they are right on the limb.