Skytee Setup

I recently bought a Skytee mount with the intention of trying to do something a little different to that to which I am accustomed shall we say. 

By that I mean I mainly use goto or pushto. Tend to mainly do DSO, a little Planetary, a bit of Moon and cluster work. 

OTA's on this are a Bresser 102/1000 achro, a Celestron 127/1500 and a TS optics 80/330. 

So this setup has been put together with thought towards more planetary, moon, widefield and getting more involved in doubles. (Bought Cambridge double atlas to help with the latter)

Also all this will be done the old fashioned way, with eyes, atlas and a hop.  Briefly on this my train of thought was mak mounted RDF to get me quickly to reference bright star. The spotter frac gives me 4.2 degree with a 25mm/60 degree EP which is great for hopping.

Not been tried out yet but had a play around this afternoon with the main idea of getting it all collimated. this actually happened fairly easily actually. 

Start with the frac and then collimate all the others against the fracs view, the frac not being individually collimatable. 

All three OTA's have individual strengths and have balanced up very well on the skytee. It did take a little fiddling around to get it so all the diagonals were roughly parallel along the viewing end. I do need another counter weight though.

OTA weights inc accessories are frac - 6kg / Mak 3.5kg & spotter frac 1.2kg. 

IMG_2389.JPG.a6ad4350ee8d4712dd1d7aac446de172.JPGIMG_2388.JPG.e04a191a50760e84b553c5cc1e03ea6d.JPG

IMG_2391.JPG.e111f6a3950404d8eb6f898a4800588c.JPGIMG_2392.JPG.2ca8c9c26cfdced0b3b759aa478139de.JPG

• Like 3