NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro

Jpr78

I’m a little disgusted. I’ve been eying this mount for about a month and saved up the cash. The problem now is I found it available on every site for the past month for $1495. Now all the sudden when I go online to order it's no where to be found on Amazon and back ordered on other sites. Where I can find it in stock it’s now “on sale” for $1595..... what is going on here. I’m seriously disappointed.

I can relate. I have been saving money for the past few months to get an imaging kit (triplet APO refractor, guide scope, guide camera and a light pollution filter). When I finally was ready to call and place the order, the salesperson told me that the last piece of that refractor had been sold a few days before my call. Result: I now have to wait till the end of Summer for the new version of that scope to be available (the one I initially chose will no longer be produced).

In this hobby it's all about patience and perseverance. Good things come to those who wait, they say. Sure, it sucks that I missed my scope for a few days, but I guess it would have sucked a lot more to buy something that was getting out of production and being replaced by a newer, possibly better version. Summer nights are short and hot (bad for my uncooled DSLR), anyway.

A similar story of patience was about my mount: I have been looking in the used market for a HEQ5 Pro since October of 2019. Most I was willing to spend was about 700 Euros, as I researched the previously sold HEQ5's in that portal went for about that price. Every time I found one, it was either too far (wasn't going to risk buying something without going to take a look at it first) or it sold to somebody else before I saw the article. Result: I had to wait till the end of January of this year. But the waiting was worth it: I managed to find a NEQ6 Pro, instead, for 650 Euro, and 150 km away from where I live. Bought something better, for less than I was willing to pay for the smaller mount.

I hope you find what you are looking for! Don't despair and keep looking!

I just found one from Skiesunlimited out of PA. On sale for $1420 with free shipping. I wasn’t charged any tax at checkout either...... Is there no tax in PA? Hopefully Skiesunlimited is reputable.

All distributors are suffering from a demand spike and logistical problems these days.

(I am focusing on a HEQ5 myself, but the availability isn't helping with the other stuff)

N.F.