NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SkySafari 6 and AL GZi WiFi Issue

dd999

Hi - I wondered if anyone else experienced a similar issue.

I have connected by ALT GZi to SkySafari 6 Plus on my Android (Hauwei P30 Pro) - and the Synscan app via a tablet. All connects just fine. I know I can connect both apps via my android phone but it's buggy at best, so am using two devices which seems more stable.

I then align in the Synscan app using one star alignment. In the SkySafari 6 app I can manually control the mount using the up, down, left and right buttons - but when I hit 'goto' it doesn't move!

I can then press left, right, up and down and it controls the mount again, but if I select an object and hit goto, nothing! - it's not like it hasn't worked, it worked again tonight then went back to this issue again even after resetting everything again, just very hit and miss. Just to make sure it wasn't positioning, and the wrong location set, I chose a star nearby to where SkySafari told me my telescope was pointing too. Still the same problem.

I have reset everything and started again, but exactly the same issue.

Anyone come across anything similar? 

Edited by dd999