Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WO ZS61 Flattener Problems

Hi all,

I have recently made the jump from star adventurer to a proper mount (heq5) and purchased a small refractor (WO ZS61 with Flat61R) from FLO to use with my canon 6D. I haven't had many clear nights to set up flattener properly until last night.

I have initially fiddled with it for few hours and maybe got it 80% correct. But then after reading about it I realized using a filter changes the light path (1/3rd of the thickness of the filter). I was trying to adjust it again last night. I can't quite figure out if I have it right and this is the best this flattener will do with a full frame sensor, or am I still missing something, or do I have a faulty unit?

Images below are quarter turn adjustments (which is roughly 0.25mm) bringing the camera closer (images 9358 to 9360)... Best one seemed to be 9359, but I moved it slightly closer to confirm which made it worse, so I tried moving it back a quarter turn again (9361) but it didn't seem as good.

Does anyone have any experience with this flattener and a full frame sensor that can help me?

Thanks

Esen

PS - in case the attached images don't work - they can also be accessed via my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xxe0bcxo17zwct1/AADHkN2Te1rtqVISisZmOTb5a?dl=0

Single___MG_9358_ISO1600_60s__25C.JPG

Single___MG_9359_ISO1600_60s__26C.JPG

Single___MG_9360_ISO1600_60s__25C.JPG

Single___MG_9361_ISO1600_60s__27C.JPG