NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cables for EQ5/Pro extension

MikesStars

I have an EQ5 Pro mount with a 200mm Sky Watcher Reflector Scope.

I have been getting fed up with the bottom of my scope obstructing against the top of mount when being moved automatically so have now bitten the bullet and ordered the 16" Sky Watcher extension tube for which I am awaiting arrival. In anticipation though I have been thinking through that this is going to give another problem in that the length of cable between motors and controller will now be too short and have therefore been looking through the options so that I am ready for that next clear night!

I had thought about making my own cables but I don't seem to be able to find anybody selling right angled 8 pin din plugs and I think it does need to be right angled; similarly I don't seem to find anybody selling complete cables with the right combination of 8 pin din.  I wondered what other of you do and If there is some good place where these could be purchased from? 

Thanks  Mike

Edited by MikesStars