NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first Narrowband image :)

Greetings, hope you are all safe and well,

After years of struggling with light pollution with an OSC camera (I live under a Bortle 8 sky) I have finally bit the bullet and purchased a mono camera complete with NB filters and began partaking in the dark art of narrowband imaging. I have been blessed with several clear nights recently, so my first narrow band DSO was the elephant trunk nebula. Please see the attached image. I forgot to use my coma corrector so the image has edge severe edge of field distortions.

I have processed the image using Pixinsight, but I am new to the software and very much still learning ( Thank you YouTube). The attached image is the best I can do with my level of knowledge at the moment, but as I took almost 14 hours of exposure (6hrs HA, 4hrs Oiii and 4 hrs Sii), the picture probably doesn't do justice to the data that is within it.

I will no doubt process it again in the future when I have more knowledge, but I am curious as to what seasoned Pixinsight users could do with it in just a few minutes of tinkering :) I have attached a link to the master light files. If you could take a few minutes, I would be most grateful :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-AMa9GGS_blgvDqNWyNp1DeitKscvo_k?usp=sharing

Surinder

Elephant Trunk HSO.jpg

• Like 4