NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New sky walker heritage 130p Extra lenses

As many of you know I bought a skywalker heritage 130p yesterday and now patiently waiting for its delivery which could be 15-20days. Which means plenty of time reading up on lots of things 😊

So regarding lenses, it comes with a 25mm which gives a magnification of 26x and a 10mm lens which gives a magnification of 65x. Now I have read up on a 2x Barlow adapter which would mean it would double the magnification, but also you can buy other eye pieces. From a review I watched, apparently the heritage 130p has a magnification of 260x which would mean I would need a 2.5mm lens so when I get better and understand how to spot things etc I can zoom in more.Β 

But what is better in the first instance a Barlow 2x or other lenses, 6mm, 3mm etc?Β 

Thanks in advance πŸ˜πŸ‘

Edited by Dannomiss

It’s easy to get a bit impatient when you start out and to want to buy more eyepieces and accessories. The best advice however is to wait until you have gained experience with the eps that are supplied. The 25 mm ep is quite acceptable but the 10 mm, while usable, is no where near as good. Using these eyepieces will give you the experience to decide what further ones you need. Try them out and enjoy your new hobby. Believe me your wallet will take plenty of hits in the future.

Just to add. Magnification is not the be all and end all of observation. Getting a clear view is much more important. You will seldom be able to use your scope at 260 x. The main factor governing what magnification you can use is the sky conditions. Visibility and transparency will determine the highest usable magnification most of the time.

• Like 1