Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heart and Soul

Posted these in another section, but probably better in here. Been having issues with processing due to amp glare issues and processing with darks, finally figured out that my system dont like darks with the filter installed.

So with that fixed, pointed my scope to the only nebula within my field of view from my garden. Excuse the poor attemp at processing, still learning that side of things.

Soul Nebula - 42 x 3m subs, gain 400, dark 24

soul_nebula_export1.thumb.jpg.dc28a2cec6b418c4ddd97261a1dbabe5.jpg

Heart Nebula - 13 x 3m subs, gain 400, dark 24

heart_nebula.thumb.JPG.59855ab30d7c8528c10d26fbe5f26e7b.JPG

Both images captured with Redcat 51 with Altair Hypercam 183C Pro Tec with an Optolong L-enhance filter.

Cheers

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DavM said:

How can the Optolong filter affect the darks?

Dave

I have no idea, but whenever i take a dark with the optolong in i get loads of issues, i take it out and no issues at all. I dont think theres an issue with the filter, the above images are testimont to that (if you can see past the crappy processing ;) )

I am happy that something works, though i would like to understand why darks without the filter work with darks with the filter dont. I have time this week i will attempt to take more darks with the filter in to see if it works.