NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First attempt at capturing moon through telescope

Evening all, thought I'd share my first picture taken with my phone capturing the moon through my telescope, it's not as good as many of pictures on here but I'm quite chuffed for a first attempt.  It was taken on my Samsung so using a camera app called a better camera,  I  haven't got a decent mount for my phone so it was interesting trying to hold it still enough.

Please feel free to share any tips or equipment used for this type of photography. 

20200506_225229.jpg

• Like 3

Pretty good start.

Not easy holding a phone steady over an eyepiece. One thing to note with imaging the moon is to try to bring the brightness down. It'll help reveal more detail.

Good effort, it's really not easy to do this but it can produce surprisingly good images. I can see a bit of blur so I'd guess the camera wasn't quite still enough. A phone holder for the telescope would make the most difference, as you could then take a number of frames and stack them. Stacking a video might also be an option, depending on what resolution it takes video in.