NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Flextube 250 owners - couple of questions please

Hi ll. I'm playing around with an experimental design and have a few question re the Flextube 250.

1. Can you tell me the tube diameter, specifically is it the same as a Quattro ie 288mm?

2. Would it be possible to mount tube rings on underneath the trusses - how much clearance is there? I may want to use it only part extended which would mean that the top ring may have to go under the trusses - make sens hopefully!

I'd be really grateful for any answers - -I've been trying to measure and scale images on the screen without much success!

Gentle nudge - anybody got a Flextube 250 and can answer the questions above please... pretty please!

Diameter - is it 288mm same as Quattro?

Is there room under the struts for tube rings?

thanks!

Watching this but unable to help very much. Very surprised you have not had a response from the (lots of) 250 owners.

My 250 flextube is on loan to a club at present - in a locked down building thirty odd miles away.

From memory, there won't be enough space between strut and tube for a standard 'chunky' skywatcher ring.
However, a customised ring could fit. That being one filed in the right places.
Or maybe a flat ring like those used on older scopes.

Either solution would compromise tube rotation for use with an EQ mount.

HTH, David.

Thanks. The rings on my Quattro look to be about 12mm thick. I guess I could file down a bit - don't really need to rotate tube so that wouldn't matter.

If I could be sure the mirror cell was interchangeable I would just take a punt.