My first AP image. Cygnus/Lyra area

Hi all, finally got round to processing the fruits of Sunday night's brief session. My target was Cygnus and Lyra, but nothing specific.

This was taken with a canon 4000D, a f5.6 55mm stock lens and a star Adventurer Mini WiFi.

I took about 60x30 sec shots as well as around 20 each of darks, bias and flats..but in the end, I only ended up using 6 of each of the latter. Processing was done in DSS and it seems I managed to capture down to around magnitude 12.5-13.

I will be getting access to a few f2 lenses for my next session, very interested to see the difference.

I know this is a boring image, but I'm very proud of it to be honest.

The hardest bit was correlating the image with stellarium to find out which stars are which...that took me quite a while.

Thanks for looking and please let top with any criticisms..

Lastly that light part at the bottom is the milky way.

Cheers

Sent from my N10 using Tapatalk

Cygnus stacked graded.jpg

• Like 4

Good first effort, it's not easy to shoot through light pollution but filters can help.

8 hours ago, MKHACHFE said:

The hardest bit was correlating the image with stellarium to find out which stars are which...that took me quite a while.

If you upload your images to http://nova.astrometry.net/upload it should plate solve them for you and show you what objects are in the field of view. It usually works for me.

Also, do you know the thirds focusing trick?