NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Goto question onstep

Hello I am returning to astronomy  after a long break from the Hobby, I used to have an account here but it's long since been forgotten. anyway I have just purchased a second hand scope with mount i believe to be either a eq3 or possibly eq5 I put an image of the setup up so maybe someone here will have an idea the scope has not arrived yes this is a rip from the ebay listing.  Anyway I am looking to convert it to a Goto mount but being on a very tight budget I am looking to solutions such as onstep. I would like to know does onstep support guide scopes as I plan on taking up astrophotography. As a user of 3d printers I have a good deal of experience with ramps boards ETC that onstep supposedly supports.  

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by hawksquawks

• 1 month later...

I have just this week finished my Onstep build for my eq3-2. I believe it's a fantastic bit of kit which is way, way cheaper than Skywatchers own upgrade with the added benefit of being able to transfer it to my next mount when I can afford one.

As to guiding, well I don't guide but people on the Onstep forum do. My understanding is that guiding isn't done through Onstep but through PHD.

Your best bet would be to ask on their forum.

Hope this helps.