Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 in HDR with my lightes set-up

jimao22

After a while doing my best to have a very "perfect" set-up, highly automated, I find that doing pictures in the old way fashion is not bad at all. Moreover, you can take you light set-up with you and find dark locations or find places where transient phenomena occur (like ISS transit over Sun or Moon, sun eclipses or so) so to have such a set-up is not a bad idea at all.

Having this in my mind, I prepared a set-up for this purpose. It is composed mainly  from a iOptron Skyguider Pro and an Omegon 66/400 apo refractor. This set-up is in continuous improvement and seems to be a great idea.

Anyway, first shots look great and this is one of them. Is about M42 (Orion nebula), 32 x 60 sec + 50 x 10 sec + 100 x 1 sec, processed in HDR using MaximDL for stack and calibration and PixInsight for HDR processing. No filters at all, only light frames - camera used is ATIK 460EX at -20 deg.

M42_PixHDR_ST_v1.jpg

• Like 5