NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What Camera Lens?

Concretedan

Hi All,

I would like to do some wide field photography using my Hypercam 183C and the Hypercam camera lens adapter mounted on my EQ6R.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a wide angle lens please?  I don't want to go and spend loads of money maybe £200.  Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Are you looking for Canon mount lenses ?

If so then there are a whole load of reasonable Canon, Samyang and others. For £200 best to hunt around the second hand markets.

Samyang 14mm F2.8 manual focus, Canon 50mm f1.8......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Are you looking for Canon mount lenses ?

If so then there are a whole load of reasonable Canon, Samyang and others. For £200 best to hunt around the second hand markets.

Samyang 14mm F2.8 manual focus, Canon 50mm f1.8......

Definitely support the Samyang, lots of fantastic shots with that lens on the net, but you'll need to shop used to stay in the 200 mark. 

Yet, I am more skeptical on the nifty fifty (50 f1.8): wide open i find it really soft, and even stopped down to f5.6 it still shows a lot of field curvature and vignetting. 

Somehow I never managed to get a really satisfying shot with it. 

You could also consider old M42 lenses: there is a lot of very good ones spelling for cheap. I find Jupiter ones to be great, with just the minor issue of being radioactive due to the torium back element... But my nose hasn't turned green yet, and it could be handy if glowing in the dark! Well, enough kidding: my Jupiter 135 f3.5 is definitely a great lens. 

Edited by FaDG