What should my next Telesope be?

I've been imaging around 3 years with an Esprit Pro 80 400mm and SX814 CCD camera (12.48mm x 9.98mm chip and 3.69 pixels) and had good success. I have a 7 position filter wheel, Autofocusser and Lodestar 2 / OAG guiding - all sitting on a Stellare tuned HEQ5 mount.  I do a mix of RGB and NB.

I'm now wanting to do two things:

1) Get more definition / detail into the Deep Sky images that I have been taking.

2) Tackle some of the smaller galaxies.

I don't know where to start, it has been suggested that I look at a Celestron Edge HD 8 and consider also getting a Hyper Star. This seems to satisfy my objective but I have only ever used a Refractor and don't know anything about reflectors/SCT.

Does this seem like a good way forward - any other suggestions?

How would using an Edge HD differ from my Esprit - e.g. I guess it cant take a filter wheel, does it need an autofocusser, can I still use OAG guiding. 

Be great to know basically what the differences are, what I would need to do and buy - can I use any of my existing equipment?

Thanks

Jon

Edited by Midnight_lightning

Have a look at Chucks Astrophotography and Dylan O'Donnell on Youtube, both have Celestron setups. 

Think they use a drop in filter system, focussed available but Chuck's seems to be so stable he hasn't fitted it.

• Like 1