Exporting images from PixInsight

Hi there,

Been getting on good with PixInsight, but I've come across an issue that I can't seem to find an answer to.  When exporting my finished image (stretching all done) as a .TIFF for Photoshop, what settings do you use?  If I export it as a 32 bit etc etc, when I take it into PS it's totally overexposed.  If I export it was a 16 bit image it comes into Photoshop fine, but for both methods I've noticed the image comes in at only 72 dpi?  Which is fine for screen, but not fro printing.

Thanks

Mark

Settings.jpg

Edited by Sidecontrol

I have found that the best bit rate for saving from PixInsight for subsequent import into PS is the 16bit option with no compression. Once you get the file into PS, start stretching it iteratively in 'Levels' to set the ball rolling.

2 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

I have found that the best bit rate for saving from PixInsight for subsequent import into PS is the 16bit option with no compression. Once you get the file into PS, start stretching it iteratively in 'Levels' to set the ball rolling.

Hey thanks for the reply, I've actually done all my editing and stretching in PixInsight, I just like taking it into PS for any final tweaks or adding a sig.

Just now, Sidecontrol said:

Hey thanks for the reply, I've actually done all my editing and stretching in PixInsight, I just like taking it into PS for any final tweaks or adding a sig.

My original advice about 16bit still applies! 👍

• Like 1