Two more Sharpless curiosities: Sh2-207 & Sh2-208

gorann

We have had a spell of clear nights here and these days I have plenty of time for imaging. So I have been both hunting galaxies and continued collecting interesting objects in the Sharpless catalogue. Here are two of them in the constellation of Camelopardalis, the bigger one in the centre is Sh2-207 and the smaller one to the left is Sh2-208. The small star cluster seen in Sh2-207 is Mayer 2. The big area of nebulosity covering the left side of the image has as far as I know no number or name, possibly becasue it is very faint. Still it has some nice structures. Almost all the red signal was picked up by the Ha filter and there is only a faint indication of Sh2-207 in the RGB data. Sh2-207 was once thought to be a planetary nebula, given the designation PK 151+02 1, but this is probably not the case. These nebulae are 13 000 - 15 000 ly away

Ha was collected over two clear nights (SQM 21.3) with the Esprit 100 and ASI1600 (40 x 15 min at gain 139, Baader 3.5 nm Ha filter) and RGB with the Esprit 150 and ASI071 (125 x 5 min, gain 200), sitting side by side on the Mesu 200. Totally 20.4 hours which is longer than I usually image, but this are is quite faint.

20200318-20 Sh2-207 HaRGB PS24smallSign.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 3