NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky Prodigy 130 Motorized Focus

I suggest that the probelem is the mount, and if you had a more stable mount, you would not be looking for an electric focuser.  Fixing the mount is easier said than done, but you could for instance look at gettng an EQ-5 style tripod and making an adaptor plate.

Not sure about which motor focuser but another option is put dual speed focuser. The fine focuser should need such light touch that it shouldn't vibrate much and u can achieve perfect focus too

Although u may need to open the hole bit more.

Joejaguar 

9 hours ago, Timothy Tappan said:

Not wanting to take a drill to it. I saw an article on micro adjustment focusers but none would work on mine. May time to upgrade. Nice taste in automakers.

If you like the go-to mount-head of that kit, then you might want to do something about the legs of the tripod that supports it; or rather does not support it adequately...

Znw0tDK.jpg

I'd suggest locating wooden legs for the kit...

4.jpg.f6dd64947e97997a6bab03c081960340.jpg

The tripod-hub, to which those wooden legs are attached, used to have the same legs as those of your own kit...

2b.jpg.d6f7abf64fa7fc66ec35a32180b5101e.jpg

Know that the manufacturers overseas are going to provide only enough to get the telescope up off of the ground.  Hence, the mount-head and telescope require a tripod that's a bit more substantial.  You can locate a new or used surveyor's tripod, with wooden or fibre-glass legs, however you would need to craft a spreader to tie them together.  In a pinch, a spreader of chain; the chain, a center-ring and whatever else to be had at your local hardware, to keep the legs from spreading out too far.  Wooden legs are the best choice; perhaps a stout pier even, albeit less mobile.

• Like 1