Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Very hard Target; Sharpless 234 (sh2-234)

glennbech

Darn; I've seen some real amazing images of this nebula in Auriga. It's in the same region as IC 410 & the flaming star nebula. It's also named IC-417.

This is 28x6 minutes of guided exposures @ ISO 800 with my modified 10D. The scope used was my William Optics Megrez 90 w/mkIII 0.8 FR. (f5.5)

I can't believe how faint this is. The conditions were not all that good; so I'll be back on a "milky way" night I guess. My nemesis! :( I think i might need a CCD and my 8" here.... As you can see my darks are not working; I Might have to back and see if my stack is okay...

9 darks & 17 flats (working very well!)

11141_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Hi Glenn,

Nice to see you posting again...they are difficult little blighters ain't they ... sorry to hear that your having problems with your darks again...I have picked up a 1000D and cant believe the darks from it...zero glow in 1200s (20 min subs) with only 30s between them :(

Gledelig Jul to you and Yours...

Billy...

Nice to see you posting again...

Fog and wet murky weather all december ! Not a sigle clear night....

1000D and cant believe the darks from it...zero glow in 1200s (20 min subs) with only 30s between them

I think that is one of my main problems; the 10D is an old camera. Every model after it has improved noise levels little by little. I should probably have modded my 400D instead, but hey; I use that a lot for other stuff. I guess a CCD like the QHY8 (pro?) or Atik is next in line for me :-)

Im going to go over the stack once more to make sure that everything is done correcly, The right hand glow should have been removed by the darks...

Have a look here Glenn....

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,36236.0.html

After seeign the dark performane I cant wait to first light the camera.. after seeing Steves superb Orion/Barnards loop I rang the camera shop and theres a 50m F1.89 with my name on it behind the counter for collection in the morning there are also a few L series lenses but i will resist...

Billy...

After seeign the dark performane I cant wait to first light the camera.. after seeing Steves superb Orion/Barnards loop I rang the camera shop and theres a 50m F1.89 with my name on it behind the counter for collection in the morning there are also a few L series lenses but i will resist...

Thats looks real promising! Im looing forward to first light. I am however real sad to report that 10 minute subs are out of the question under my skies. I can go to 8 minutes with my megrez 90 on good nights. Should move, I know.

The good news is; my 8" is out on the garage roof cooling down, and Im heading out to practive drift alignment with one of the least user friendly programs Ive every used ; WCS. Some new test runs of the Baader MPCC is about to start .. :-)

.. I also really have to figure out what happned to my darks ... :-(

PS.

PB: I am impressed by your language skills; scandinavian family?

Archived