NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASI294 + Nikon lens adapter

fwm891

I've been playing and come up with an adapter allowing me to fit my Nikon lenses to my ASI294MC Pro cooled camera body.

The adapter is based around a Nikon lens to Canon body adapter (it was in my kit box doing nothing !). This is fitted into an aluminium body (main body in photo) with 6x 2mm metric machine screws. The 294 has a 42mm male T thread, I've used this to fit the camera body to a small aluminium insert which slides into the main body of the adapter. I've threaded the front of the insert to take 48mm filters.

To allow the lenses to be changed easily I have inserted an eccentric cam to depress the release lever - operated by the brass lever on top of the adapter.

The main body has a slip ring/clamp arrangement to allow the whole adapter/lens/camera combo to rotate for framing. I've etched (scratched!) 10° markings around the main body to act as an aid when framing.

Currently fitted to a shortish Vixen bar but this will be altered so when using longer lenses to front of the lens will be supported to reduce loading on the adapter/lens mount.

Photo of the adapter with the 294 and a 24-85mm Nikon lens. Also a section through the adapter (not exactly as built I made a couple of minor changes as the machining progressed. An image of the rosette nebula from it's first light session last night.

It needs a few tweaks but it works.

294-Nik_adapt.jpg

Section fltn.jpg

Rosette_50mm.jpg

Images of the eccentric and adapter/294 with IDAS NB-1 filter in place

Adaptter and 294 1.jpg

Excentric.jpg

Pin depressed.jpg

Pin normal.jpg

Edited by fwm891
  • Like 4