NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which dehumidifier?

I have just acquired a second hand fibreglass observatory, approx 30years old. Its in good condition but needs a little TLC and a base constructing. it is 8' diameter with a rotating roof.
It is probably never going to be comletely air tight but will be waterproof.
The question is ....
What sort of deumidifier, size, make etc. do I get. I want one with continuous drainage so I dont have to keep emptying it.
Any sugestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

There are two types of dehumidifier - compressor and desiccant. Compressor types give up at ~10º whereas a desiccant type will keep going down to ~1º - they are also much lighter to handle. Some models have continuous drain (Lag the waste pipe or it will freeze and stop working) some models also have a facility to carry on where they left off after a power-cut - may or may not be important to you. (It is to me we get power cuts every couple of days)

I have this one in my obsy - cant fault it. https://www.airconcentre.co.uk/products/ecoair-dd1-simple-desiccant-dehumidifier-ecodd122sim?variant=15428686381154&currency=GBP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google shopping&gclid=CjwKCAiAp5nyBRABEiwApTwjXrtSo3c30nE9gmLYY1SB_l911qNuQwSVPEm6IpYh98aFXhWf_kgASxoCfGEQAvD_BwE&fbclid=IwAR3msEuYFTr7vIBWkPhMJ4DminCvdoGUa5UJ-H1o807suV4DvXO_zic5ORw