NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 last night.

ollypenrice

Bit sorry to see this not live up to my hopes. The sky was moist and unsteady though essentially pretty clear. I also had to scrape home in the moonlight near the end of the Blue set. It's just a bit lame.

12 x 220 secs, 15 x 50 secs, 15 x 13 secs per colour unbinned.

Should I do a luminance ru to try and lift it, do you think?

Cheers,

Ollly.

post-15040-133877351443_thumb.jpg

I sometime use a monochrome version of the image which has been tweaked for a lumminace layer...nothing to loose trying it...

heres a very quick application of the technique...havent really pushed the synthetic L...

11065_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I sometimes add multiple "L" 's or use a specific RGB Channel as well....

Billy...

You are a gentleman and a scholar, Billy! I have followed you advice and worked up an L channel with enhanced contrasts then blended it if in at 75% in Photoshop. This is much more like the image I set out to to produce. It isn't as good as I think I can get it but it is good enough to end my addiction to M42, for which I warmly thank you! Now, what shall I do tonight...?

I'll post the new one separately.

Olly.

Archived