Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Information on filters needed

Hi all,

I've decided to take another small step up on the astro ladder. Going from dslr to dedicated mono astrocam.

My primary goals for the future are taking very wide angle shots containing different dso's but with the addition of the 'stuff' in between them. Molecular dust, dark nebula, integrated flux nebula,...

Which filters would I need to do that. Already have a 7nm Ha and might get an 8nm Olll, primarily for the dso's. I know narrowband won't capture the dust , ifn,... so was wondering what would I need in order to get this detail added?

Can I just shoot with the mono camera or lum filter to get this data or will I need a full rgb filter set?

As an example of my goals I add a recent image I captured with a dslr. I was hoping a mono camera would give me better results and also shorten the total exposure time comparing to a dslr.

I'm open for suggestions

Thank you 

Ken

1116605796_widefieldpleiadescalif11hr25neweditB.thumb.jpg.c8263f56729a3b0d966fcd38783b6e92.jpg

To get colour, you'll obviously need colour filters. If you don't have too much light pollution, go for 4 filters: L, R, G, B.

If you do have light pollution, just R, G, B may give you better results than L. Or you can use a lp filter instead of L. Be aware that to capture dark dust and ifn, you will need long integration times.