NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42*0.75 Male to M48*0.75 Female adaptor

I currently use a Celestron Nexstar 130SLT with a Canon 60D. I have to use a Barlow to get enough 'in focus' which is a 2" size. 

I have found that the distance from the sensor changes magnification (can't remember the proper name for this type of lens) so will fit the moon/sun into the frame better. I currently use an SVBony adaptor which puts the Barlow about 2 inches from the sensor (an inch less than the original extender). There are adaptors that will work on eBay that will move the Barlow another inch closer to the sensor (as below) which will fit the moon into the frame with enough room to spare. 

Screenshot_20200116-111341.thumb.png.79aaaeb174d38ef0e7c8f5af227405d0.png

My problem is they are from China or Russia and can be costly for postage or risk non tracked free postage. Is there anywhere in the UK they can be bought from?

Don't know about UK, but here it is in Germany?

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p3504_TS-Optics-Adaptor-from-M48x0-75-to-T2---low-profile.html

They have a number of different adapters so you can have a look if that is what you need (pictured above is 2" / t2 both female threads as far as I can see?)

• Thanks 1