NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Zwo ASI 290MC

Firstly,

Happy New Year to you all, May the skies be kind and clear.

New Year means new Laptop and new camera.

Still relative new to this buisness, but need help again, finally got my new laptop and i have now downloaded the drivers for it and ASICAP from the ZWO website, although there is a manual for the camera there as well, it dont really tell you how to use it and what all the icons mean on the software, does anyone know of an idiots guide to help me start imaging with it, and what everthing means cos i have absolutely no idea and i wanna get out there soon as and start imaging, ( as im extreamly jelous of my 15 yr old cousin whos banging out DS images left, right and centre, and they look amazing,(although he has a lot better camera-Hypercam 183 and skywatcher 80 ED APro- i think- but hes imaging from Southend-on-Sea, and i will be imaging from a little village in the middle of nowhere in Germany, so i would like to think that i might get some decent images if i ever find out how to use it.

so, I appreciate any help,

Chris 

Skywatcher 200 pds, HEQ5, ASI290mc.

Here's a quick overview video from ZWO on ASICAP

I personally prefer to use SharpCap Pro for planets, and Sequence Generator Pro for deep sky.     SharpCap where I would start though, as unless you are fully automated, SGPro or similar would be overkill.

Hope that's helpful.