Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

DaveS

M27 Reprocess

I've been bashing my head against this for a while now, a major problem is only 6 hours of data, 3 hours each HII and [OIII], both in 10 min subs. 130mm f/7 TS Photoline apo, Astrodon 3nm filters and SX Trius 694 encoder guided on ASA DDM60. Capture in Maxim DL 6 with ASA software. All processing in AstroArt 7. Each stack given DDP and gradient removal, Adaptive Divide, Trichromy with H > Red, O > Green and Blue. More gradient removal.Adaptive Subtract then Histogram Stretch and colour balance.

1897026831_FourthHOO.thumb.jpg.1b16af94d2642ec185a7e8467179a639.jpg

With such thin data, trying to pull out the outer shell without blowing the structure in the core is a real struggle, and I'm not sure I've got it right yet! The background may still be too green. Argh!