NGC1333 - fog, frost and clouds

bdlbug

A stunning image of the reflection Nebula NGC1333 was posted by @ollypenrice back in October and it inspired me to image the same target from my back garden  just outside Northampton. Well it’s not easy : Despite the lack of clear skies in past 6 weeks I have managed to get about 8 hrs of subs over 3 nights - but all luminance discarded as the integration was so noisy and mostly a collage of white. Last night was again plagued by low level mist/fog but I got 3hrs in before I gave up. I used the RGB from late October mixed with RGB subs from last night that I integrated in APP to create a super luminance. I have then spent most of today and many iterations teasing the last bits of useable signal out  all of the channels with PI and PS and actions - Thanks to Olly and his technique to enhance the molecular cloud structure using the equalise function in PS 👍 doubt I can remember how it all came together but I believe I have got a recognisable image of NGC1333.
Captured using ASI1600MM in 120s subs and AT106EDT There’s probably about 5hrs of data in this version of the image .

thanks
Bryan

DEA3FCEF-9CBC-44DE-89DF-30FC78E1770A.thumb.jpeg.268c62de0b69886d226da3284c61e7f2.jpeg

• Like 7

Definitely not easy from Northampton.  Life was better with the old sodium street lights but I've completely given up on trying to catch dust, at least with broadband.  A great effort and you've captured a fair bit of soot!