NGC 1499 The California Nebula in HaRGB

eshy76

Hi all,

It appears I managed to somehow find some clear hours for some imaging during the otherwise total cloud-out round my way for the last 2 months!

Some firsts here:

First attempt at the California nebula.
First HaRGB image....googled a lot and ended up blending my Ha data 70% into the red channel and 10% into the blue channel before processing as an RGB image (well, I extracted a synthetic lum after the combination).
First time using NINA exclusively for the capture and being able to autofocus on each filter change made a lot of difference - possibly my most consistent set of FHWMs since starting this hobby. NINA is very impressive for a free piece of software. 

Usual hardware setup - WO73, CEM25P, Astrodon 36mm filters, ASI1600MM Pro. 4.5 hours of integration time over two nights (see what I mean by having to find a few hours in between the clouds!).

Higher res version here.

Thanks for looking and fingers crossed for some clear skies for all!

1465192646_NGC14992019-11-07v2(downsized).thumb.png.5a8a8ca6cff759e811400688db3fca9e.png

• Like 8