Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any experience with the TS optics AP 60/360 PhotoLine OTA?

Im in need of a small imagingscope, and I found this one:

https://www.astroshop.eu/telescopes/ts-optics-apochromatic-refractor-ap-60-360-photoline-fpl53-ota/p,56054

It's right within my budget and it's the weight that im looking for. Does anyone have any experience with this scope? And if so is it any good?

I own this mount: https://www.bresser.de/en/Astronomy/Accessories/BRESSER-Photo-mount-with-field-tripod-and-wedge.html

Do you think the scope will work with this mount?

Thank you in advance

Edited by Gustav Bertelsen

This telescope looks like a rebranded Sharpstar 60 mm f/6 ED. Searching for the Sharpstar may provide you with more info.

My guess is that the telescope will be excellent visually, especially for observers whose eyes can adapt for a little field curvature. When used as a spotting scope you may notice no field curvature at all.

For astrophotography you'll likely want a field flattener. For nature photography most situations won't require one.

I have a small refractor myself (WO 73 ZS) and found that balancing it is tricky - it is back-heavy even without camera. I need to put it all the way to the front on its long dovetail to deal with this. With the TS you'll probably have to turn the L-bracket (so that it points back) to improve balance, like so.