NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2" filter on C8

Good morning all,

I have just taken delivery of an Optolong L-Pro 2" (light pollution filter) and discovered I had no where to put it. See I made the silly mistake of assuming it would screw into the threads on my focal length reducer. The only other place I can see that it would go is on the inside of the Canon T-Ring but then the T-Ring doesn't fit into the camera body. Google isn't being a load of help and Celestron don't have anything obvious on there product list that will help.

So fine folk of SGL, I turn to you. How can I make use of this expensive glass disc?

Thank you.

Sadly  :(  as you found out it will not attach to the FR and even if you made it fit then you would have to screw it onto the visual back and you could not attach any heavy weight cause there isn't enough threads to secure it but besides I don't think the filter would screw onto the VB . I've never got any filters on my C8 to attach to anything but an EP . If you need a filter to use with a DSLR then you need an Astronomik Filter that attaches to the inside of the camera body :  https://optcorp.com/collections/astronomik?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=ads&msclkid=273cf9942213183babe6a456d48df240