NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASTAP,CCDCIEL and DSLR's

stash_old

Just a heads up on the fantastic work Han is doing on ASTAP for DSLR owners (and other kit) .

ASTAP will run on Linux,Windows , MACOS and Raspberry PI.

ASTAP provides Platesolving,Image Stacking and now Live Stacking (as per Astrotoaster/DSS Live) which is the newest function provided and is still under Beta testing.

ASTAP integrates with CCDCIEL to provide a very flexible tool for EAA and DSLR owners but not limited too!. Biggest plus being able to run different functions on different OS and still work together - e.g. I have my Canon connected via Linux on my OTA but run CCDCIEL on Windows (my mount and Focuser are connected to Linux but accessed from Windows ASCOM over wired ethernet) - note there are many ways ASTAP software can be used including fully integrated into Indi/Ekos - latter being very very new.

Both CCDCIEL and ASTAP produce FIT's type files , while ASTAP will take CR2 (raw images) and convert them on the fly to FIT's !

So the tools and methods available to Astro nuts just keeps getting better 🙂

Thanks Han and Patrick  (ASTAP, CCDCIEL authors)

Well a couple of screen prints to show it can produce live stacks - there is so much you can do and I haven't even scratched the surface.

Oh i had the fastest platesolve ever 1.3 secs - wow !  (they are all not that speed 🙂 )

The images (just screen prints) are longer than I normally use for EAA but thats because I am a novice using a "Professional Standard" free piece of  software called ASTAP - I normally use DSS/Asrotoaster.

This thread is about EAA tools NOT "Normal" Astrophotography images 🙂

m42-mon28oct.png

m1-mon28oct.png